So all we need to do is generate a document containing thousands of different URLs, and inspect the style attributes for each. My method uses a list of URLs loaded into a hidden iframe. The list is then iterated though, and currentStyle called for each link. A less that honest webmaster could then pass the list of visited URLs back to the server (eg via AJAX) to snoop on a user's browsing history.
UPDATE: as of 2013, many browsers seem to have solved this issue. I've taken the tool offline, as Google was treating the huge number of links as spam
- › Home
- › Linux Consultancy
- › Web Development
- › Server/Website Performance
- › MySQL Support and Consultancy
- › Linux Server Security
- › Dialog Quiz
- › Apache Fingerprinting: mod_pof
- › mod_miserable (Apache)
- › Firefox Toolbar Tutorial
- › JSPenguins (XPenguins clone)
- › Art, Electronics, Woodwork and other little projects I do when I'm hiding in the shed from my wife.
(+44) 07890 592198